: Bb Collaborate / Elluminate, with thanks to http://learningtimes.org
I scooped the post AFTER I had rendered the mp3 audio from the Elluminate recording (if you want to do that for your recordings, download Publish from the Elluminate site for free – only works on Apple though!!). I uploaded the mp3 to the Posterous blog (this one) on which I have installed Feedburner. That makes the podcast feed link which you can see in the sidebar.
That might sound complicated, but when you set up Feedburner and give it your blog URL it asks you if you are a podcaster, and just by ticking YES at that point, your blog becomes a podcast, where any media you upload will be included in its RSS feed.
Now an interesting affordance of Scoop.it is that if your post includes an audio file, it sometimes (not always, 90% of the time, and the other 10% drives me nuts) puts your recording up at Scoop.it in a media player so anyone hitting on the scoop can play the audio right there.
What’ll they think of next? Try it:
Last words from Jeff Lebow:
YouTube Hangout recording:
Sunday, May 13, 2012
In this screenshot, Vance and Michael on top, with Phil Cozens and Dan Bassill
Michael Coghlan is seeking feedback on what’s up and coming for educational technology in the near and long terms for the next Horizon Report due to come out soon. He will meet us at 13:00 GMT in Elluminate and brainstorm on the topic. More information will be posted soon; meanwhile read Michael’s postings to the Webheads list:
These messages point us to:
For example, the two trends for the current round are:
5. Openness – concepts like open content, open data and open resources, along with notions of transparency and easy access to data and information – is moving from a trend to a value for much of the world. As authoritative sources lose their importance, there is need for more curation and other forms of validation to generate meaning in information and media.
6. Legal notions of ownership and privacy lag behind the practices common in society. In an age where so much of our information, records, and digital content are in the cloud, and often clouds in other legal jurisdictions, the very concept of ownership is blurry.
Michael asks us
This was a F.U.N. session. While we were chatting in Elluminate, Sand Rogers opened a Hangout which attracted some additional listeners who wanted to be seen as well as heard in Elluminate:
We were soon joined there by Kalyan Chattopadhyay, Tuba Angay, and Nina LIakos
Ater the session ended, the F.U.N. began anew with Sand, Tuba, and Nina taking Hangout for a spin. We played with the Google effects and learned how the apps worked for YouTube, screenshare, and Slideshare. We were disappointed though that Google has not rolled out one-click recording … yet …
Recording: Blackboard Collaborate (Elluminate)