Learning2gether Episode 527
More about TESOL 2022
Helaine W. Marshall’s keynote on Creating Fertile Spaces for Instructional Innovation in a Digital Age
Skip down to Earlier Events that happened since the previous Learning2gther post
Wed 23 March 11:00 – noon UTC – Best of EVO –
EVO Minecraft MOOC and Immersive Building in Virtual Worlds
This is the link to the EVO Minecraft MOOC slides with working hyperlinks
And this is the link to Heike and Doris’s presentation slides on Immersive Building in Virtual Worlds
Doris Molero posted this happy Zoomfie
Thanks so much to all participating in our session Best of EVO2022. That was fun!
Jane posted hers
You can view all the Best of EVO recordings on the CALL-IS Youtube channel
Hybrid, live in Pittsburg and virtually wherever you are
The Electronic Village (EV) 2022 was online: https://call-is.org/ev/, hosted by TESOL’s Computer-assisted Language Learning Interest Section (CALL-IS)
The Electronic Village (EV) took place virtually during the hybrid 2022 TESOL International Convention from Thursday, March 23 through Saturday, March 25. The online program contained both synchronous and asynchronous interactive professional learning content. Events included:
- Innovate and Implement: Practical Tech-Supported Instruction Tips: Short, practical tech tips videos grouped according to four themes: Innovative Tools and Activities for Synchronous Virtual Instruction; Innovative Tools and Activities for Asynchronous Virtual Instruction; Tools and Approaches for Overcoming Classroom Management or Instructional Admin Challenges; and Tools and Activities for face-to-face (F2F) environments
- Let’s Learn Live!: 20-minute live, interactive presentations on topics related to tech-supported learning and the 4Cs- Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Communication-and 21st Century Learning; no audience size limit
- Tinkering with Tech Workshops: Live 60 or 90-minute workshops that include hands-on activities with presenter support and may utilize small-group work in breakout rooms
- Best of the Electronic Village Online 2022: Celebrate the outstanding work and lessons learned during the 2022 EVO sessions through live and recorded events
- We’re CALL-ing on You: Daily asynchronous Mentimeter interactions that will generate and share ideas about current ed tech and pedagogical innovation topics for TESOLers….and more!
There was no fee to attend or present in the 2022 Electronic Village; it is an open-access program.
- For examples of the exciting events that take place in the Electronic Village, please visit the EV 2021 site. You’ll find a wealth of free, openly accessible ed-tech for ELT resources…our EV 2022 website will be available soon.
- Live EV presentations were listed in the main TESOL convention scheduling app along with the full EV program, so information will be centrally located and easy to find!
Want to learn more about the Computer-Assisted Language Learning Interest Section? … follow us!
Helaine W. Marshall’s keynote presentation on Creating Fertile Spaces for Instructional Innovation in a Digital Age
On Friday, 25 March 2022, at 8:00-9:00 am US ET, Laine Marshall gave a keynote presentation live from the TESOL convention in Pittsburg, and streamed live as part of the virtual program.
Laine’s talk is now on YouTube, https://youtu.be/UVj6O_J7CvU, enjoy 🙂
At the end of her presentation, she honored the Webheads in Action / Learning2gether and associated (e.g. TALIN) communities by speaking for a few moments on this slide:
The slide and notes are included here with permission.
Tue Feb 8 from midnight UTC – EVO Minecraft MOOC 1-day conference on language learning
EVO 2022 ends on Sunday, Feb. 13 with the Closing Ceremony/Summary from all lead moderators on their sessions. Jane Chien presented on behalf of EVO Minecraft MOOC.
The correctly queued video link for this presentation is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hn1p8Y1Vf0&t=859s and that’s 14 min and 20 seconds into the recording.
Fri 25-Sun 27 Feb 1400-2300 UTC CO22 Live Online Conference
Schedule Available https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Oz5FMMJSXVwAFAW235U61S-qxlhuqJZ2TxRovVudCU/edit?usp=sharing. Join the conference area https://integrating-technology.org/course/view.php?id=97 to get access to the conference ZOOM meetings and receive your certificate for taking part at the meetings.
NYS TESOL Webinars are free and open to all. Check out our impressive lineup of international presenters and innovative topics. We provide certificates of attendance/presentation as a member only benefit.
NYS TESOL is committed to diving deeper into strengths-based, inclusive practices with each webinar we bring to you! You are cordially invited to submit a webinar proposal for the above Webinar Series. All topics are welcome! See how to submit a proposal here.
Each webinar requires a separate registration. Click each hyperlinked event to register.
We look forward to seeing you!
Upcoming Webinars in February
This blog is written and maintained by Vance Stevens
You are free to share-alike and with attribution under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
The date of this update is July 30, 2022 08:00 UTC