Learning2gether Episode 291
Download mp3: https://learning2getherdotnet.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/learning2gether-with-lucy-gray-on-global-collaboration-day-oljizejva5w.mp3?
On Sunday September 13 1300 UTC Learning2gether met with Lucy Gray and Peggy George to learn about Global Collaboration Day coming up on Sept 17 http://www.globalcollaborationday.org/about.html, a first annual demonstration of global collaboration for educators, encouraging students, teachers, organizations and companies to host virtual events involving technology on September 17, 2015.
The primary goal of this whole-day event is to demonstrate the power of global connectivity in classrooms, schools, universities, and institutions of informal learning and around the world. Global Collaboration Day will introduce others to the tools, resources, projects and programs that are available to educators today. Tag:
In Hangout on Air streamed on http://webheadsinaction.org/live
Archived here: http://webheadsinaction.org/learning2gether-lucy-gray-and-peggy-george-about-global-collaboration-day
How this worked at showtime Sept 13, 2015
- You can listen to the stream in the video embedded above while chatting with us in real-time in the Chatwing embed below
- or you can
- Watch, and listen to the stream at its YouTube URL: https://youtu.be/OLjiZEJVa5w
- And open the chat in another window here http://chatwing.com/vancestev
- If there is space available (up to 10 people) you are welcome to join us in the Hangout on Air
- It is a public hangout in the profile of Vance Stevens on Google+
- Join the conversation and catch the stream on the Google+ event page:
- You can join us in HoA via its direct link posted here at show time
and posted to Twitter hash tag #learning2gether
- If the Hangout is full, listen to the stream and interact with us in the text chat
- You can let us know if you want to join the Hangout
- We will let you know via the stream when space comes available
- When you enter the Hangout
- Wear a HEADSET to avoid broadcasting speaker sound back into the Hangout
- Switch OFF the stream as it is on a delay and will create an echo for you
- Please MUTE YOUR MIC when not actually speaking into it during the HoA
We would like invite you to join Global Collaboration Day, our first annual demonstration of global collaboration for educators. We are encouraging students, teachers, organizations and companies to host virtual events involving technology on September 17, 2015. (And since September 17 takes nearly 48 hours to start and finish across the globe, check out the calendar in your own time zone for all the activities!)
The primary goal of this whole day event is to demonstrate the power of global connectivity in classrooms, schools, universities, and institutions of informal learning and around the world. Global Collaboration Day will introduce others to the tools, resources, projects and programs that are available to educators today. We currently have over 130 schools and organizations representing about 29 different countries; 25 outreach partners have also committed to joining this worldwide event. Approximately 52 events are listed on our site and this list is growing by the day. There is no cost to participate at any level.
Here is how people and organizations can participate:
Examples of events that are currently scheduled include a Twitter chat on global learning, an asynchronous Twitter poll on chocolate, a survey on sunlight around the world, and a class live streaming using Periscope. Many organizations are hosting webinars and other activities to introduce educators to tools, resources and programs that will help them connect their classroom to the world. We recommend that activities be simple in scope and have low barriers to entry in order to attract participants. Ideas are listed on our host page. Events can be geared towards any audience including students, teachers, parents, and organization leaders.
Our current partner list includes TES, Edmodo, Remind, AFS-USA, iEARN-USA, the Global Campaign for Education – US Chapter, SMART, VIF International Education, and Edutopia. (We would love to add your organization to this list as well.)For further information, please take a look at our website and press release. Also, check out this recent article on us from eSchool News and Lucy’s Edutopia blog post.
Thanks and we hope to hear from you regarding this special day!
Lucy Gray and Steve Hargadon
Global Education Conference Co-Chairs
Global Collaboration Day Organizers
Here is Chatwing chat for this event, copied, pasted below
- Facebook Groups
- Learning with Computers – https://www.facebook.com/groups/6577061586/
- TAEdTech Sig – https://www.facebook.com/groups/TAEdTech/
- Multiliteracies – https://www.facebook.com/groups/evomlit/
- Webheads in Action –https://www.facebook.com/groups/webheadsinaction/
- Learning2gether – https://www.facebook.com/groups/learning2gether/
- Google+ Communities
- Web 2.0 Teaching and Learning –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112197420264775820915
- Teachers for Interactive Language Learning (TILL(https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106289715383230353120
- Webheadsinaction –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114550321376936920900
- MultiMOOC –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104523567430842485789
- EdTech Mojo –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110130856353339654958
- Learning2gether –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109504049211076695836
Earlier this week
Sun Sept 6 1400 UTC Learning2gether with ELTLive and TILL – Office 365
Thu Sep 10 1900 CET Globinar
E4.123-0156: Flipped lit projects. Engaging literature students!
- Marie-Hélène Fasquel
- 10. 09. 2015 | 19:00h – 20:30h CET
- access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/flippedlit/
I think this is the correct time. It is correct for 1900 Berlin
Below find the link to Juergen’s post-conference document