Learning2gether Episode 448
and the 6th TALIN webinar
- Skip down to find out more about TALIN
- Skip down to most recent Earlier Events prior to this latest episode
Susana Canelo proposed this Zoom meeting to share “Quarantine experiences, teen students in Argentina and Webheads – How a class opened up to the world to make everyone feel that we are in the same boat.”
She was joined in this event by Vance Stevens and Buthaina Alothman. and was planning to share the story behind her recent meeting with Webheads in Action: Buthaina, Ibrahim, Ramona and Bahana
The meeting was held in Susana’s Zoom Room, giving Vance permisson to record on Fri Apr 10 – 11:00 a.m. in Buenos Aires, 14:00 UTC
Announcements were posted on
These Facebook Groups
- Learning2gether – https://www.facebook.com/groups/learning2gether/
- Webheads in Action – https://www.facebook.com/groups/webheadsinaction/
- EVO Multiliteracies MOOC – https://www.facebook.com/groups/evomlit/
- Learning with Computers – https://www.facebook.com/groups/6577061586/
- TALIN – Teaching and Learning in IsolatioN – https://www.facebook.com/groups/talin2020
and on Twitter
And here is Susana’s version of the event on Vimeo, https://vimeo.com/406616725. Hers might be a little different from mine (Vance’s) since she was the host of the event, and I was recording what I saw in my view of the Zoom event.
TALIN stands for Teaching and Learning in IsolatioN, https://tinyurl.com/talin2020
The idea for TALIN was prompted by suggestions in numerous cross-fertilizing communities of practice that there was needed a space where members of these CoPs could meet online and talk informally to one another about how they are dealing with changes in their personal and professional contexts and what they are doing to help others in this trying time of pandemic.
Learning2gether can host TALIN events in Zoom during times of isolation/lockdown if they are intended to be recorded and shared with the wider community, and if they take place between 02:00-14:00 UTC
If you want to propose an event
- Visit this page https://tinyurl.com/talin2020
- Click on “Request Edit Access” to the left of your profile picture at the top of the page
- Wait for approval
- Write in your event on the schedule. Give the time in UTC if you can, and give the time in your location also as a double check on time
You can host the event yourself, but if you want Learning2gether to host it and promote it, please allow enough time to check that I am available, at least a few days in advance.
I saw this on the morning of April 10 in Penang Malaysia. It was posted yesterday in Colombia but I’m not sure when that would have been since it’s was still yesterday in Colombia when I saw it just now. It says the event is tomorrow. Let’s check the video link
https://youtu.be/5KNtoGCrhhQ hmmm apparently, already happened.
Martha’s presentation on Polleverywhere starts at 2:05:17… it’s in Spanish 🙂 and it was at first not permissible for embedding: https://youtu.be/5KNtoGCrhhQ?t=7517
but that appears to have changed, so here it is:
Here’s another one by the prolific Martha Ramirez, posted on Facebook April 17, 2020
This blog is written and maintained by Vance Stevens
You are free to share-alike and with attribution under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
The date of this update is April 18, 2020 06:00 UTC