Learning2gether Episode 293
On Sunday September 27 at the usual time of 1400 UTC Learning2gether met with Rob Howard to talk about the upcoming EFL Talks 10 in 10 for 10 – What, why, and how can you participate? Participating with us in the chat were Rita Zeinstejer from Argentina and Halima Ozimova from Tashkent. Nellie Deutsch was also there; she will be helping Rob mount his event from a single URL at WizIQ. Maha Abdulmoneim and Art Oglesby were known to be in the stream
Next Sunday Oct 4 Learning2gether will be a part of the EFLTalks program, at http://efltalks.com/
EFLtalks is a non-profit mission to produce an open and free space to share advice, tips and ideas to the next generation of EFL professionals. The project mixes the ideas of a webathon with a Pecha Kucha and TED talks all into one. Real blended teaching.
For the event, celebrating World Teachers’ Day, Rob and his team will kick-off a free 10-hour marathon of mini-webinars. Each speaker will have only 10 minutes using only PowerPoint 10 slides to make their point about their subject. We will open one webinar room lasting all 10 hours so there is only one link to enter the webathon, and viewers may come and go as time permits.
Our chat wth Rob on Sept 27 was in Google+ Hangout on Air
- Recorded on YouTube https://youtu.be/q8fncwRJ6g8
- View the stream at http://webheadsinaction.org/live;
Archived at http://webheadsinaction.org/learning2gether-rob-howard-10-x-10-x-10-world-teachers-day
- Chat with Hangout participants in real time at http://chatwing.com/vancestev
- The text chat from the Hangout has been shared here:
Rob gave a talk on this topic at the Fall Blog Festival Monday Sept 21
We preserved two chat archives from this event
One was from the Hangout on Air, saved to a Google Doc
The other was from http;//chatwing.com/vancestev, reproduced below
- Facebook Groups
- Learning with Computers – https://www.facebook.com/groups/6577061586/
- TAEdTech Sig – https://www.facebook.com/groups/TAEdTech/
- Multiliteracies – https://www.facebook.com/groups/evomlit/
- Webheads in Action –https://www.facebook.com/groups/webheadsinaction/
- Learning2gether – https://www.facebook.com/groups/learning2gether/
- Google+ Communities
- Web 2.0 Teaching and Learning –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112197420264775820915
- Teachers for Interactive Language Learning (TILL(https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106289715383230353120
- Webheadsinaction –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114550321376936920900
- MultiMOOC –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104523567430842485789
- EdTech Mojo –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110130856353339654958
- Learning2gether –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109504049211076695836
Earlier this week
Mon September 21 Learning2gether with the Blog Festival
Mon Sep 21 1930 EDT Richard Byrne on marketing your teaching materials on TES
Thu Sept 24 European Day of Languages 2015 in Hangout
Event page here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/ceu8ss68rthrni4bpef8dcj75c0?authkey=CJOOrquzl4K_Vw
Says you have to register to receive the Hangout link; what if you just want to watch the stream?
The event passed before the organizers would provide a solution, but they posted a document detailing how they would meet with others in their circle (see link at end of this post)
Reinhard Marx Shared privately
Welcome to the European Day of Languages 2015 we will celebrate on 24th September 2015. Because the 26th September is a Saturday and our school is closed that day we want to celebrate that event on the 24th September already.
This event is set up every year by the European Council in Brussels for all kind of schools in Europe to raise awareness about one common Europe community on one hand and to express the lingual diversity of all members of the EU on the other hand: “Being convinced that linguistic diversity is a tool for achieving greater intercultural understanding and a key element in the rich cultural heritage of our continent, the Council of Europe promotes pluralingualism in the whole of Europe.” Fourty-seven member countries belong to this community including the islands outside the European continent which belong to the EC as well.
When you are interested in joining this event register for one (or more) certain time slot(s) by this website:
Pingback: Learning2gether participates in EFLTalks 10 in 10 for 10 hosted by Rob Howard | Learning2gether