Learning2gether episode 382
On Feb 4, 2018 Alexander Hayes met with participants in the Electronic Village Online EVO Minecraft MOOC, combined with Learning2gether episode 382.
The event was streamed as a YouTube Live Hangout on Air (HoA) and the live link was posted in such a way that Mircea Patrascu, Maha Abdelmoneim, Jo Kay, Jane Chien, and Don Carroll were all able to join in the live discussion in the hangout.
Others were able to catch the stream when it happened on Vance’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vancestev/
Alex created the following online materials for the presentation
- Background information, https://www.alexanderhayes.com/journal/evo-minecraft-memory-palace-presentation
- Slides illustrating the links in this post, https://goo.gl/ETWD2H
From Alex’s post
EVO, Minecraft, Memory Palace Presentation
As active agents of sociological change children now challenge the researcher stereotype amidst a battleground of virtual, augmented and mixed reality wearable computing. Fractals once closer to philosophical ramblings of the mathematical in the field of chaos theory are now an educative and neurological rearrangement as STEAM gets creative in Minecraft. A dilemma has emerged as participatory netnography reveals the longer term socio-ethical effects of corporations punching through our privacy firewalls, programming our minds and harvesting our creativity.
Recommended Reading / Viewing
- MagicLeap – https://www.magicleap.com/careers
- MetaVison – https://blog.metavision.com/the-future-of-spatial-learning-is-upon-us
- Apple ArKit Augmented Reality Minecraft – https://youtu.be/qFGx9QcE5Gk
- The evolution of Microsoft’s HoloLens – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oXEY1J7XxA
- Minecraft VR – https://minecraft.net/en-us/vr/
- The Day I Deleted Minecraft: A Letter To My Son – http://community.today.com/parentingteam/post/the-day-i-deleted-minecraft-a-letter-to-my-son
- How To Help Kids Transition When Playing Minecraft – http://minemum.com/minecraft-transitions
- Popular MMOS – Kids friendly Minecraft – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpGdL9Sn3Q5YWUH2DVUW1Ug
- Dan TDM – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS5Oz6CHmeoF7vSad0qqXfw – gets paid $15,000 a day per, has 17 million subscribers, joined Youtube on Jul 14, 2012 and has had 11,865,674,225 views as of 12th January 2017
- Towards a participatory netnography: collaborating with children in virtual worlds research – https://platformjmc.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/adonkin_netnography_fullpaper.pdf
- Method of Loci – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Method_of_loci
- Memory Palace – https://litemind.com/memory-palace/
- Memory Place Technique – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9IOqd1LpkA
- Dadirri – Inner Deep Listening and Quiet Still Awareness – http://www.miriamrosefoundation.org.au/about-dadirri/dadirri-text
- Kalara – https://figshare.com/articles/Kalara_Reveal_Make_Seen/5758833
EVO Minecraft MOOC co-moderator Jo Kay joined us and we were reminded of her presentation last year
- Sat, Feb 11, 2017, EVO Minecraft MOOC meets Jo Kay at Massively Minecraft
Maha was kind enough to provide a link to the HoA text chat she managed to harvest before shutting down her browser
(Vance is not able to select text in his Chrome browser, Windows 10, in order to copy it, and FF, which does allow me to select and copy text, was refusing yesterday to run HoA until Google fixed an issue with Hangouts).
Who is Alex?
Meanwhile EVO Minecraft MOOC arranged playdates on the server on Feb 6 and 7.
Jane Chien, Mattie Tsai, and Don Carroll produced the following videos.
This one from Feb 7 I think
Sunday January 28 EVO Minecraft MOOC explore Temples at the Seaside
Learning2gether episode 381