Learning2gether Episode 334
On Sunday June 5 Vance Stevens and Jeff Lebow met in Hangout on Air to talk about old times and new projects, all in the spirit of informality that infuses all our online projects past and present. We planned (if that is the correct word 🙂 to discuss these in a context of informal learning.
We invited Dave Cormier to join us and fill us in on the Rhizosphere, which is verging on a Rhizo16 MOOC one of these days. Dave texted that he was surrounded with kids on Sunday morning and if you’re a dad you know what that is like 🙂 The rhizomes will look after themselves.
Meanwhile, Hangouts with Jeff are always F.U.N. and in this one we were joined by special invited guest Jose Rodriguez in California, Peggy George in Phoenix, Elizabeth Anne in Grenoble, Vanessa Vaile in Colorado, Arthur Oglesby from the Rhizosphere, and Dave Cormier in spirit.
Where? Hangout on Air
- Join the conversation:
- Join the stream: https://youtu.be/_-UNqMkJimM
- Chat with us live in real time: http://chatwing.com/vancestev
- Watch the stream and chat live on the same page: http://webheadsinaction.org/live
- View the Webheadsinaction.org archive
- View the Webheadsinaction.org archive
- Read the Chatwing transcript and show notes
Rhizo14 … 15 and 16 A Practical View MOOC by Dave Cormier, neverending
Dave declared May to be Rhizo month some time ago, but http://rhizomatic.net is stuck on #rhizo15 even though it’s no longer May. So Vance was wondering, is there a #rhizo16? Answer, yes, according to
Dave had announced:
May is Rhizo month this year
#rhizo16 is going to (formally) start up on May 1 and finish on May 31st
The newsletter response was fairly positive around having another rhizo this year… so we’re off. I’m still working on whatever trouble we might get into – posts will follow. I will say that we will continue to use this newsletter and the http://rhizomatic.net blog. Creating new ones every year isn’t really all that sustainable. I’ll be using the #rhizo16 hashtag – I’ve long since stopped trying to figure out what you all are going to do 🙂
Meanwhile, back on Prince Edward Island …
Whatever happens, the rules for Rhizo 15 will likely maintain …
Posts and videos: http://rhizomatic.net/
Rhizo 15 started April 15. When does it end? It doesn’t say (maybe never 🙂
You can vote
Earlier this week
Sun May 29 1400 UTC Learning2gether Episode 333 with Rita Zeinstejer on how to Fuel Engagement with Humour
- WEBINAR: How to put a BYOD-concept [Bring Your Own Device] into practice
- The introduction of a BYOD-policy (Bring Your Own Device) as a widespread consideration within many schools and institutions, as almost everybody has a mobile device, nowadays
- The necessity to figure out what legal and technical preconditions have to be fulfilled.
- This seminar aims at making you familiar with the pros and cons in general, but with setup, technical specifications and concrete ways of implementing a BOYD environment in particular.
- Participants will specially be informed about the basic network routines that will have to be set up to guarantee a successful launch.
- Monday May 30th 2016 – 19:00h – 20:30h CET
- Presenter: Dieter Umlauf
- Medienfachberater am Schulamt Fulda
- Leitung der iPad-Klassen an der FvSS
- Referent “studiumdigitale” Goethe-Universität Frankfurt
- Host: Uwe Klemm
- Time and date where YOU are
- access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/owndevice
- You will need neither a username, nor a password.
- Select the option “Enter as a guest” and enter IMPERATIVELY your FULL !!! name into the box. (All attendees are “guests”).
- Registration: http://lpm.lpm.uni-sb.de/Webinar/index2.php
- If you hold down the control key, you can select several conferences and enroll in one go!!!
- Find further free webinars for teachers of foreign languages
- Further webinars in English:
- E4.121-0356: Sources of Free or Low-cost Professional Development on Demand
- Dr. Peggy George / Host: Rita Zeinstejer
- 13. 06. 2016 | 19:00h -20:30h CET
- access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/livebinders/
- Info: http://v.gd/livebinders
- E4.512-1356: The Padagogy Wheel in the Flipped Classroom
- Allan Carrington / Host: Tobias Rodemerk
- 18. 07. 2016 | 19:00h – 20:30h CET
- Access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/carrington
- Info: http://v.gd/carrington
- E4.512- klmn: Quizlet – Engaging Vocabulary Learning Tool
- Russell Stannard / Host: Tilly Harrison
- 01.09.2016 | 19:00h – 20:30 CET
- access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/quizlet/
- Info: http://v.gd/quizlet
- E4.abc-abcd: Let’s study literature with IT!
- Marie-Hélène Fasquel | host: Amélie Silvert
- 05. 09. 2016 | 19:00h – 20:30h CET
- access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/studylit/
- Info: http://v.gd/studylit
- E4.512-0467: Creating videoclips for language learning: tips and tricks for teachers and students
- Mélanie Auriel / Host: Joe Dale
- 03. 11. 2016 | 19:00h – 20:30h CET
- access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/creatingclips/
- Info: http://v.gd/creatingclips
- E4.512-0667: Interactive Teaching in Languages with Technologies
- Ton Koenraad / Shona Whyte
- 21. 11. 2016 | 19:00h – 20:30h
- access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/itiltnew/
- Info: http://v.gd/itiltnew
- E4.512-hijk: English Through Drama
- Susan Hillyard / Host: Thomas Strasser
- 05. 12. 2016 | 19:00h – 20:30h CET
- access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/hillyard
- Info: http://v.gd/hillyard
- E4.512-lmno: Exploring Free Online Polling Tools: Socrative, Kahoot and Quizziz
- Tilly Harrison / host: Russell Stannard
- 08. 12. 2016 | 19:00h – 20:30 CET
- access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/pollingtools
- Info: https://v.gd/pollingtools
- E4.512-ijkl: Busuu and Wespeke as Tools for Blended Language Learning
- Miguel Ángel Saonas Vallejos / Host: Tilly Harrison
- 16. 02. 2017 | 19:00h – 20:30h CET
- access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/busuu
- Info: http://v.gd/busuu
Moodle Teacher Training on Moodle for Teachers website: https://moodle4teachers.org/course/view.php?id=87
You may find the syllabus for MM8 useful.