Learning2gether Episode 290
Download mp3: https://learning2getherdotnet.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/learning2gether-with-elt-live-and-till-office-365-zdtrwanoglw.mp3?
On Sunday, September 6, 1400 UTC, Learning2gether joined forces with ELTLive (#eltlive http://eltlive.com), and TILL, Teachers for Interactive Language Learning, a Google+ Community with well over 3000 members, at https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106289715383230353120.
The topic was Office 365, a Microsoft ecosystem that provides a suite of apps for sharing Office documents online and for working on them collaboratively. There are a number of other features that facilitate the interaction between student and teachers in the online or blended environment.
We were joined by Benjamin Stewart and Piry Herrera, both colleagues and teacher-trainers at Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes in Mexico, where both use Office 365 in innovative ways. We were particularly impressed by the ideas the presenters shared for exploring the affordances of the environment with their future-teacher students in ways that were clearly modeling to them a very humanistic and engaging pedagogical approach to leveraging technology as an enabler of learning.
We noted that the university in Aguascalientes has a licence that makes possible all teachers and students to use this tool and to maintain ePortfolios for the duration of their stay at the university, but we naturally discussed what the students could do with these ePortfolios (i.e. how they could retrieve their content) when they left the Office 365 environment, and also how they could port what they were learning about Office 365 into a free web 2.0 ecosystem they might design for their own students when they go to work in less well-endowed workplaces after graduation.
Benjamin and Piry proved themselves knowledgeable presenters whom the participants in Hangout and in-stream engaged in lively dialog (via text chat in the latter case). The result was a discussion lasting around 1.5 hours, but well worth reviewing, and we hope you enjoy it.
- and http://eltlive.com/live
Where? Google+ Hangout on Air (HoA)
- You could have listened to the stream in a video embed while chatting with us in real-time in the Chatwing window embedded in the location of your choice (both pointing to the same stream and Chatwing live text chat)
- or you can
- Watch, and listen to the stream at its YouTube URL: https://youtu.be/ZDTrWAnOglw
- And open the chat in a new window here http://chatwing.com/vancestev
- When there is space available (up to 10 people) you are welcome to join us in the Hangout on Air
- It is a public hangout in the profile of Vance Stevens on Google+
- Join the conversation and catch the stream on the Google+ event page, this one at:
- You can join us in HoA via its direct link posted here at show time
and posted to Twitter hash tag #learning2gether and #eltlive
- If the Hangout is full, listen to the stream and interact with us in the text chat
- You can let us know if you want to join the Hangout
- We will let you know via the stream when space comes available
- When you enter the Hangout
- Wear a HEADSET to avoid broadcasting speaker sound back into the Hangout
- Switch OFF the stream as it is on a delay and will create an echo for you
- Please MUTE YOUR MIC when not actually speaking into it during the HoA
- Facebook Groups
- Learning with Computers – https://www.facebook.com/groups/6577061586/
- TAEdTech Sig – https://www.facebook.com/groups/TAEdTech/
- Multiliteracies – https://www.facebook.com/groups/evomlit/
- Webheads in Action –https://www.facebook.com/groups/webheadsinaction/
- Learning2gether – https://www.facebook.com/groups/learning2gether/
- Google+ Communities
- Web 2.0 Teaching and Learning –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112197420264775820915
- Teachers for Interactive Language Learning (TILL(https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106289715383230353120
- Webheadsinaction –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114550321376936920900
- MultiMOOC –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104523567430842485789
- EdTech Mojo –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110130856353339654958
- Learning2gether –https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109504049211076695836
The following is copy / pasted from the Chatwing chat from this session
Earlier this week
Sun Aug 30 1900 UTC Jim Bronwyn Stuckey – Reboot Quest Atlantis
Pingback: My Favourite Site by Vance Stevens | Halina's Thoughts
Pingback: Learning2gether with Lucy Gray and Peggy George about Global Collaboration Day | Learning2gether