Learning2gether Episode 286
Fri Aug 7 through Sun Aug 9 – Moodle Moot MMVC15
Sun Aug 9 1300 GMT LEARNING2GETHER with Vance Stevens on Teaching Writing with Voice on iPads and Mobile Devices
At the MMVC15 – Moodle Moot Virtual Conference hosted by Nellie Deutsch
This presentation updates earlier ones on how to use the voice affordances of iPads and other mobile devices to make writing as well as teaching writing and giving feedback increasingly easier and more effective when students are using such devices than when voice tools are not appropriately enlisted. The presenter learns more every day about how to use these tools in teaching, and here he conveys what he has learned in hopes it will help other teachers of writing whose students are challenged when trying to write effectively on mobile devices.
For more information
- Written text from the ISTE 2015 version of this presentation: http://tinyurl.com/iste2015vance-doc
and blog post
- The HoA rehearsal of this presentation: https://learning2gether.net/2015/06/08/learning2gether-with-vance-stevens-teaching-writing-on-ipad-and-mobile-devices-using-voice-tools/
- The ISTE wiki portal for this presentation MMVC15 slide presentation:
- And on various FB groups and Google + Communities
Rated a ‘double-really’ from Marijana 🙂 glad you liked it!
Here are links to all the MMVC15 recordings …
Sun Aug 9 – Moodle Moot MMVC15 final day 3
- Vance Stevens http://www.wiziq.com/online-class/2878405-mmvc15-writing-and-tablet-voice-tools
- AgilleBill Krebbs “Andragons” – the shape of learning
- Rosmery Ribera Ferrier Academic Paragraph and Essay Writing
- Anita Adnan Using FB closed group to support postgraduate students in their journey : an initiative by DSG team, Malaysia.
- Eduardo Lina Moodle as a Huge Digital Book
- Azmira Amran MOOCs
- Dr. Nellie Deutsch Where’s my Badge? I did all my work?
Sat Aug 8 – Moodle Moot MMVC15 day 2
- Dr. Rachel Sale Beyond the Classroom: LMS for Group and Project Management
- Shanthi Cumaraswamy Streat Reach Out to Language Learners through Blogging
- Janvier Nkurunziza Teacher training with Moodle in Africa/at the University of Rwanda, action research
- Brenda Mallinson Remixing OERs – Adapting for Purpose and Context
- Halina Ostankowicz- Bazan Future of Education
- Vicky Papageorgiou
- Dr Ebba Ossiannilsson The battle for innovation towards opening up education
- Anatoliy Kochnev IntelliBoard.net – Track and analyze learning performance in real time
Fri Aug 7 – Moodle Moot MMVC15 opening day 1
- Dr. Nellie Deutsch, Ed.D – Opening Ceremony, Free Moodle on the Cloud Hosting and free book
You Tube Recording: https://youtu.be/dTNg4DrM_Kw
- Charles Goodger Teaching language through action songs
- Dr. Anna Grabowska Active Citizens 60+ case studies
- Matt Rogers, Education Project Manager, DigitalMe & Sharon Middleton, Director, Makewaves
Using Open Badge ‘Packs’ to support the teaching of computing within the curriculum
- Stephan Hughes Technology to Development
- Rob Howard Make online students feel right at home
This is all according to the schedule posted online on Aug 10, 2015. Check here for further details:
Earlier this week
Sunday July 26 1400 UTC Learning2gether with Ljubica Damevska and Sabrina Wilson and on Tandem MOOC
Friday July 31 to Mon Aug 10 iTDi Summer Intensive for Teachers
Sat Aug 1 1430 UTC Wes Fryer and Amy – STEAMseeds11: Lesson Ideas with Vanessa Perez
Join Amy and Wes as they interview Vanessa Perez, an amazing, energetic, inspirational and always-sharing teacher at Tomlinson Middle School in Lawton, Oklahoma. Vanessa will share some of the STEAM lessons she’s done with students in the past as well as lessons she’s planning for the upcoming school year. She’ll also discuss her strategies for success writing small grants for classroom supplies and furniture, as well as share about her innovative classroom space designs. Vanessa recently started a #notreadytour Challenge for teachers on http://discover.oklaed.us and will talk about the goals for the project as well as how it’s going. Please join us for an hour of great Saturday professional development on August 1st!
Hangout on Air
Aug 5 first of two SCoPE webinars for Creating Engaging Online Learning Activities
Welcome to Creating Engaging Online Learning Activities! We’ve had a big hiatus from SCoPE seminars, and it’s so exciting to be opening up the conversations again!
About this seminar
There are endless ideas for engaging learners online. However, turning those ideas into activities that can be implemented smoothly is a challenge. There are many details to consider, and potentially overlook!
The idea for this SCoPE seminar developed through reflections on a series of online workshops for educators across the British Columbia post-secondary system. In these workshops we experience the benefits of developing and testing online learning activities in a supportive but critical community of peers. It’s time to open up those opportunities to everyone!
During this 2-week seminar we will explore, discuss, and create engaging online learning activities together.
Week 1: Exploring Options, Selecting Approaches Week 2: Building and Testing OLAsThere are two webinars scheduled as part of this 2-week seminar discussion. They will take place in the SCoPE Blackboard Collaborate Room: http://urls.bccampus.ca/scopeevents. As always, the synchronous sessions will be recorded for those who are unable to attend.
- Wednesday, August 5, 2015 – Exploring Ways to Create Engaging OLAs
Thanks to Carlos, Gina, and SylviaC for participating and sharing their questions and ideas during today’s session. If you weren’t able to make it, you can watch the recording (including the occasional glitches). If you have any questions, just post in this thread.
- The next session is Friday, August 14, 2015 11:00 am – 12:00 noon PDT (see your time zone) on Sharing Our Creations