Learning2gether Episode 397
On Saturday, January 12, at 1400 UTC, coordinators, moderators, and some participants in the 2019 round of Electronic Village Online sessions met online for their annual Kickoff event. The event was held in Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/417142783
Zoom produced a recording of the event, now available on YouTube
The YouTube URL is https://youtu.be/pe2LW5U8Zzs
For the benefit of participants from Uzbekistan and other countries where YouTube is blocked, the recording was placed on Vimeo (courtesy of Nellie Deutsch)
The PPT (actually a Google Slides presentation) for the Kickoff session was collaborated on by all the EVO coordinators. By kickoff time, it was ready to be shown to the world at large:
During the event all moderators present spoke about their individual sessions. Here are the sessions on offer this year, followed by links to their descriptions:
- CEFR Vs. Assessment: How can new revisions help?
- Classroom-based Research for Professional Development
- Escape the Room
- Flipped Learning for Language Teaching
- Getting_Online as a teacherpreneur
- Job oriented Training for ESP Teachers and sharing their findings globally and locally
- EVO Minecraft MOOC (EVOMC19)
- Moodle 4 Teachers (Teaching Online)
- Mother tongue use in the ESL classroom
- PBL all-round learning experience for ESL
- QR Codes in Action
- Teaching EFL to Young Learners
- Techno CLIL 2019
- Teaching Pronunciation Differently
- EVO information and Updates
Preparation for Best of EVO at the upcoming TESOL 2019 conference in Atlanta
Thursday, March 14 2019: 10:30-12:20 pm in Atlanta
Friday, March 15, 2019: 1:45 – 3:00 pm in Atlanta
The event ended with an invitation to all moderators of 2019 EVO sessions to join us either face-to-face in Atlanta in March for the 2019 TESOL conference or from a distance at either of the two events shown in slide 21 of the presentation embedded above.
EVO moderators are welcome to present (in person or online) but anyone will be able to watch the presentation when it is streamed live from Atlanta.
How to join us is explained on the slides
- Webcast 2019 plan and presenters: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14B9nuymWhsU3OpW_3aM04I-f4oydBB35juLeJ7-Xygo/edit?usp=sharing
- If you wish to participate, request to join that document.
- Session will be webcast live during the convention (closer to the date, visit http://callis2019.pbworks.com/. The link to the stream and instructions for uploading slideshows or other materials will be here.)
- The webcast will also be recorded and made available on the CALL-IS website. (http://www.call-is.org).
Learning2gether was in haitus over the end-of-year break, as were many of the other events we follow. In November “we” (meaning Vance) were in Chile for the WorldCALL conference, and in December I tried to catch up with the #el30 MOOC that Stephen Downes had been running.
Fri Nov 16 – Vance Stevens presents ‘Gamifying Teacher Professional Development through Minecraft MOOC’ at WorldCALL 2018