Learning2gether Episode 375
On Sunday Nov 5 at the usual time of 1400 UTC Learning2gether streamed, or attempted to stream, the 2nd live event in EVO2018 Moderator Training. The event itself was in WizIQ, meant to be hosted by Nellie Deutsch, who, because Nellie was called away, was replaced at the last minute by Nives Torresi.
Here is Nellie’s YouTube version of the WizIQ session
Here is Nellie’s announcement
- Link to enter (no sign up required), and also the location of the WizIQ recording
- Text transcripts
Vance created this contingency, in case of problems
- We we will set up a live stream for you to watch and listen.
Find the LIVE stream here: https://www.youtube.com/user/vancestev/
- You can get universally accessible help and interact with us during the session in text chat at http://chatwing.com/vancestev
We might be able to troubleshoot for some of you and talk you in through communication in the stream and in the text chat.
The contingency fell flat because Vance forgot to add his mic to the stream
Apologies about the stream. There are many balls to juggle with encoding your stream. With Bb Collaborate, I am able to enter the room beforehand and test through using a live setup that I am getting both system sound and mic sound out the other end well before the event starts. With practice you learn that this is what you have to do, but testing reminds you, when you don’t get what you expect, that if it’s not working, oh yeah, I need my mic input at this end.
With WizIQ I could not get a live stream at the beginning. There is an option to test system sound, but when I clicked on that, the system took me to WizIQ, had me log on, and in the end, with time ticking away, I was not able to find any means of testing my system sound. If I could have got a sound check I would have seen that my mic was not working, but as it was I could only test that I could select the correct window to stream, and I played system sound as part of the test. So when the WizIQ started at the exact time it was scheduled to go live, there was no more time for testing, and it turned out I had not configured my mic sound for the stream. Too late at that point. Here’s what came out the other end, https://youtu.be/cxULW0SPPxE.
So unfortunately, people in the stream did not hear anything I said, and the recording is of what the stream sounded like. However, the WizIQ recording is fine, and I’ve since replaced the flawed YouTube stream recording with the one at the head of this blog post, the one here, https://youtu.be/M07I3bFK6BY
Sunday, Oct 29 1400 UTC 1st live event in EVO2018 Moderator Training
Sun Oct 29 wee hours UTC Virtual Pioneers Historical Costume Party in Second Life
In case you’re awake while I sleep …
Oct 30 Beth O’Connel – VSTE Webinar – Developing your PLN in a VE
Check here for a recording link, which Beth has promised to post
Nov 2 Globinar with Russell Stannard on Youtube for Language Educators
Link to Russell Stannard’s presentation (will be deleted after 2 weeks)!!!! https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcthu3xx0alu5qd/Stannard_YouTube.pdf
Link to the recording (will be deleted after 2 weeks)!!!! https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/pa04gt62bgwr/
Links from the chat:
- Peggy George:Russell’s playlists: https://www.youtube.com/user/crete1987/playlists
- John Thompson: Rid advertisements with http://viewpure.com/
- Jacqueline Vulcano: Another free screencapture tool is Screencast-o-matic https://screencast-o-matic.com/
- Peggy George: https://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.html
- Peggy George: I curate a Scoop.it with tons of resources for screencasting and flipped learning. Lots of tools on it. https://www.scoop.it/t/screencastingfor-online-learning
- Peggy George: how to use Creator Studio in YouTube https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6060318?hl=en
- Russell Stannard: http://www.teachertrainingvideos.com/
These Globinars are organized by Jürgen Wagner
Here is the previous, constantly expanding program:
Also to be found at: http://globinars.blogspot.de/
There have been some changes:
- The link to the recording and the PDF of the speakers will only be sent to registered participants and both the recording and the PDF presentation will be deleted after 2 weeks. The links here may no longer play back after Nov 16, 2017.
- Certificates of attendance will only be sent if the registration data is COMPLETE.
- Participants who enter the room via a pseudonym or are not identifiable by their full names and surnames will be expelled from the room.
- Registration during the webinar remains possible for spontaneous participants but must be completed within 15 minutes after their entry and must be complete (including postal address of their school, university, institution, organization, company or private address).
Sat Nov 4 0900 PT Tara M Martin on Classroom 2.0
Visit Classroom 2.0 at: http://www.classroom20.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network
Pingback: Learning2gether with the 3rd live event in EVO2018 Moderator Training in Bb Collaborate | Learning2gether