Learning2gether Episode 322
On Sunday March 6 we had a meeting in Zoom at Mircea Patrascu’s Minecraft server. This was at Mircea’s invitation, as reproduced here:
I created a Google+ event for EVO Minecraft MOOC:
Where? Come to the zoom meeting for details:
- The meeting URL will prompt you to download the Zoom client.
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/5786977523
I announced that I would attempt a new trick. I will use two computers, both in Zoom, one in Minecraft
- On the one in Minecraft I will share the minecraft window with the zoom meeting
- On the other one, I will be a participant only, and I’ll use Camtasia to record the meeting
I was expecting audio and video with participants, and a record of our activities on Mircea’s server, and here is what I got:
There wasn’t much in the Zoom chat, apart from some scripts to try on Mircea’s server. Here’s what was saved (the trick is to save the chat before the end of the meeting; once the meeting ends it’s too late 🙂
18:32:40 From Mircea : /jsp warp wiz
18:33:14 From Rose Bard : are you recording it, Vance?
18:34:21 From Mircea : /js rainbow(12)
18:35:19 From Mircea : /js box(1)
18:40:41 From Mircea : /js box(blocks.stone)
18:41:43 From Mircea : /js box(material,width, height,depth)
18:48:35 From Mircea : /js box0(1,4,3,4).up(3).box(5,4,1,4)
(posted as a comment on the YouTube video)
- Yahoo Groups
- need to check
- Google+ event set for the following G+ Communities
- EVO Minecraft MOOC
- Web 2.0 Teaching and Learning
- EVO Minecraft MOOC
Sun Mar 6 1900 UTC CALL-IS Bb Collaborate Refresher
This was an open event held for volunteer webcasters at the CALL-IS EV (Electronic Village) who will be webcasting events from the annual TESOL Convention in Baltimore. Its purpose is to update and familiarize them with BbC.
According to Abe Reshad, who conducted the meeting:
“We had another successful training session this evening. For those of you that could not attend, this session was a basic introduction to BlackBoard Collaborate as it relates to how we use it for the CALL IS in TESOL. Some interesting questions came up and we addressed a couple of potential issues that might occur in a webcasting session. Also, Robert Wachman successfully tested the multimedia file feature in BlackBoard Collaborate.”
Here is a link to the recorded session:
And to the Bb Collaborate text chat transcript:
in preparation, participants must assure in advance that they are able to reach http://webheads.learningtimesevents.org/
Earlier this week
Sun Feb 28 1400 UTC LEARNING2GETHER with Nathan Beyerlein interviewing moderators of EVO Minecraft MOOC
Mon 29 Feb 1800 UTC Globinar with Russell Stannard on what Camtasia can do for teachers
E4.111-0356: The Video Learning and Teaching Revolution
Rita Zeinstejer / Host: Peggy George
NEW DATE: Monday, February 29th 2016 | 19:00h – 20:30h CET
access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/videorevolution/
FREE webinar with Russell Stannard – What Camtasia can do for teachers
The announcement about Russell’s webinar contains a Google Form where you can enroll even now.
Here is Juergen’s pre-paratory email copy / pasted as is:
FREE GLOBINAR with Russell Stannard “Why Camtasia is quite simply the best educational software ever!”
- Russell Stannard “Why Camtasia is quite simply the best educational software ever!”
- Guided tour of all the key features of Camtasia
- How to useCamtasia to blend learning, flip learning, create distance learning content
- How to combined it with real video and even include quizzes, hotspots, callouts and much much more
- Presenter: Russell Stannard
- Host: Tilly Harrison
- 02. 11. 2015 | 19:00h -20:30h CET (Central European Time)
- Convert it to your own time zone
- Access link: https://webconf.vc.dfn.de/secrets/
- You will need neither a username, nor a password.
- Select the option “Enter as a guest” and enter IMPERATIVELY your FULL !!! name into the box. (All attendees are “guests”).
- Find further free webinars for teachers of foreign languages at http://v.gd/webinars
- Russell STANNARD is the founder of http://www.teachertrainingvideos.com.
- It is a website that offers free training videos that help teachers incorporate ICT into their teaching and learning. It won the Times Higher ‘Outstanding Initiative in ICT’ and the British Council ‘Technology’ award.
- The site receives more than 300,000 visitors a year. Russell trains teachers in ICT all over the world and also runs on-line courses which are accessed by hundreds of teachers. Russell teaches part-time at the University of Warwick and is a NILE associate trainer.
- Russell STANNARD is perhaps one of the biggest users of Camtasia in education.
- His website http://www.teachertrainingvideos.com has hundreds of training videos and he has trained teachers in using Camtasia all over the world.
- This is a great opportunity to find out how Camtasia works but also to learn about some of the amazing ways the technology is being used around the world including Russell’s own pioneering work on feedback with Camtasia.
- This is quite simply a session not to be missed if you are involved in education in anyway!!
- Registration: http://lpm.lpm.uni-sb.de/Webinar/index2.php
- If you hold down the control key, you can select several conferences and enroll in one go!!!
Pingback: Learning2gether about HELLO THERE with Jennifer Verschoor | Learning2gether
Pingback: EVO Minecraft MOOC in a quest for the Ender Dragon | Learning2gether