Learning2gether Episode 305
Vance recently responded to the following call from Mika Mokko, Department Of Literacy, Culture, And Language Education, Associate Instructor and PhD Candidate, Indiana University. Her dissertation study is a case study research involving two semi-structured interviews, the first one between 60-90 minutes in length and the second one between 30-60 minutes in length, as well as observation of interactions online within the subject’s PLN.
|I am a fifth year PhD candidate in the Department of Literacy, Culture, and Language Education at Indiana University looking for participants for my dissertation research. I would like to invite current ESL teachers who utilize a PLN (with a minimum of three tools such as Twitter, blogs, Nings, etc.) on a weekly basis for L2 professional development to participate in my study. This case study research aims at investigating the attitude, activity and influences of ESL teachers who have built and maintained successful PLNs to enhance their L2 professional development.
Mika asked those interested in participating to please fill out a short demographic survey: http://goo.gl/forms/MfYj23xbf3
This webcast records and shares the first of the proposed interviews with me, Vance Stevens.
Mika has graciously agreed that we can share this interview with the Learning2gether community.
Where was this held?
Mika hosted the discussion in Adobe Connect, recording: https://connect.iu.edu/p316ectcqun/
- Vance has made a Camtasia recording of the Adobe Connect playback, and posted it to YouTube here
There is also a Google+ event page:
Chatwing chat log from http://chatwing.com/vancestev
- Facebook Groups
- Learning with Computers https://www.facebook.com/groups/6577061586/
- TAEdTech Sig https://www.facebook.com/groups/TAEdTech/
- Multiliteracies https://www.facebook.com/groups/evomlit/
- Webheads in Action
- Learning2gether https://www.facebook.com/groups/learning2gether/
- Google+ Communities Announcements
- Web 2.0 Teaching and Learning https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112197420264775820915
- Teachers for Interactive Language Learning (TILL)
- EdTech Mojo
- Event set for
In March 2019 I encountered Dr. Mokko giving a presentation at the TESOL conference in Atlanta on the results of the study of which I was a small part.
Earlier this week
EFL Magazine Online Teaching Summit – Saturday & Sunday December 5 & 6
Learning2gether Episode 304 – Nellie Deutsch demonstrating Zoom Meetings
Wed Dec 9 Stephen Ridgeway and Talking VET Episode #41 reflections for 2015
TheTalkingVTE #41 recording is here:
For more information see the wiki