Learning2gether Episode 256
Download PowerPoint slides:
On Sun Jan 18 at 12 noon GMT LEARNING2GETHER met with Tom Robb, one of the creators of MReader (http://mreader.org), a free system for providing quizzes to graded readers and tracking student progress with them.
Where? Google Hangout on Air, https://plus.google.com/events/c29a184p4t2pp0kvpbufa784trk
Archived also at: http://webheadsinaction.org/learning2gether-tom-robb-about-mreader
MReader was created to allow the Extensive Reading approach to be implemented in any class with access to graded or youth readers. It frees the busy teacher from the necessity of keeping track of what students have read via time-consuming reports and other feedback mechanisms. Even for the teacher already “sold” on the ER approach and who is willing to take the time and effort to counsel students, adoption of MReader presents an additional means of motivation for students, who can confirm their understanding of the books they have read and slowly amass a collection of book covers on their personal page.
MReader has over 4400 quizzes as of this writing (January, 2015) and the number is growing. The goal of the project is to have quizzes available on all ‘graded readers’ as well as the most popular native-speaker ‘youth readers’.
In this session, Tom Robb discusses the software, its development, its “gamification” aspects and the community effort behind it.
- Google+ Communities
- Webheads in Action https://plus.google.com/101672902593184196638/posts/GjScB9pbSSy
- Integrating CALL with Web 2.0 and Social Mediahttps://plus.google.com/101672902593184196638/posts/ZxoxBtazicK
- EdTech Mojo https://plus.google.com/101672902593184196638/posts/huEmaTQBeKW
- MultiMOOC https://plus.google.com/101672902593184196638/posts/84kEQuWELgN
- Learning2gether https://plus.google.com/101672902593184196638/posts/aDoUsBBVQvZ
- TILL, Teachers for Interactive Language Learninghttps://plus.google.com/101672902593184196638/posts/HTz8YU67C8i
- Web 2.0 Teaching and Learning https://plus.google.com/101672902593184196638/posts/ZyhKDW5TFpy
- Facebook Groups
- Learning with Computers https://www.facebook.com/groups/6577061586/
- Webheadsinaction https://www.facebook.com/groups/webheadsinaction/
- Multiliteracies https://www.facebook.com/groups/evomlit/
- TA Edtech SIG https://www.facebook.com/groups/TAEdTech/
- Learning2gether https://www.facebook.com/groups/learning2gether/
Participants at this session may also be interested in
Thu Jan 22 1800-1930 GMT Thomas Strasser – Making the Most of (extensive) Readers and the Latest Interactive Digital Technology
Earlier this week
Sun Jan 11 EVO 2015 Kickoff Webcast with Nina Liakos and Vance Stevens
Wed Jan 14 EVO Minecraft MOOC meet and greet with Jeff Kuhn and Fri Jan 16 EVOMC15 Minecraft sandbox
Fri Jan 16 Curt Bonk MOOCs and TAMK live-streamed from Finland
Curtis J. Bonk delivered a presentation via videoconference at Tampere University of Applied Sciences,http://www.tamk.fi/
It was livestreamed but the recording was delayed.
Now that it has appeared, as Curt would wish, it is shared here with you.
Here is Curt’s original post for this event
Slides are at
- Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/…/AADd22_oLNlNJgDa5333_TFIa…
- YouTube: http://youtu.be/M4Kf1xPl-eY
Mon Jan 12 Marie-Hélène Fasquel on Experimenting with the flipped classroom
Juergen Wagner always follows up these events with a “post-paratory” announcement. He hopes that you “will not hesitate to enter your feedback into the following padlet: http://de.padlet.com/wagjuer/webinars (just state your full name and a short remark concerning last night’s EVENT!!!)”
At times there were 71 people in the virtual meeting room from about 20 different countries
(Argentina, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia,Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Italy, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slowakia, South Africa, Spain, Turkey, …)
- Here’s the link to the recording
- followed by the link to Marie-Hélène’s presentation
More links from the chat:
- Fabio Biscaro – TV Italy:http://fabiobiscaro.altervista.org
- Maria Rosaria Gismondi:This is the website I use to flip my lessons www.mrgismondi.weebly.com
- Russell Stannard:http://www.studiesuccesho.nl/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/flipped-classroom-artikel.pdf
- Marie-Hélène Fasquel:http://sharingteaching.blogspot.fr/
- JenniferESL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEKXieT70wByfvZwP1CxdPQ
- Real English:https://www.youtube.com/user/realenglish1
- Sebastian Schmidt:www.flippedmathe.de thats mine
- Reinhard Marx, Sundern, Germany:www.skypeinmyclassroom.blogspot.de
- Practical Ed Tech Tip of the Week – Creating Flipped Lessons With VideoNotes
Mon Jan 12 – Wesley Fryer video hangout – volunteer opportunities for 2015 K12 Online Conference
Shared publicly Jan 7, 2015
The K12 Online Conference is an all-volunteer, noncommercial effort, which means we rely completely on the contributions of generous volunteers. If you’ve ever thought about getting more involved with K12 Online, now is the time!
On Mon., Jan. 12 at 8:00pm ET, we will be livestreaming a video hangout here to talk about volunteer opportunities for the 2015 K12 Online Conference. There are a wide variety of ways to contribute, from marketing to presenting to working on live events. Some of these things only take a few minutes, while others are more involved. However you might like to be involved, there is an opportunity for you!
If you can’t join us for this hangout but are interested, please fill out this short form and we will also post an archive of the session here.
We greatly appreciate our community’s support and help, and look forward to a great 2015!
Mon Jan 12 MachinEVO 2015 Week1: Session1
Tue, January 13, 12:00 AM in UAE
Hazel Workman, Dennis Newson, Fabrizio Bartoli + 6 others going
Learning2gether participants welcome “… but what we hope for are participants willing to stay the course …. go the distance … and win a certificate at the final curtain.”
Wed Jan 14 Ideas in Action unhangout
Ideas in Action: Virtual Conversations
hosted by TEDxBeaconStreet and Learning Over Education Initiative
Fri Jan 16 Pedagogy of Machinima with Marisa Constantinedes
MachinEVO 2015 Week 1 webinar with Marisa Constantinedes
Hazel Workman, Fabrizio Bartoli, Carol Rainbow + 2 others going
Pingback: Learning2gether with EVO Minecraft MOOC and Snake Gaming | Learning2gether