Vance Stevens delivered “Learning2gether to achieve the aha! moment”, the plenary given at ELTAI in Vellore, India, on Friday, June 17, 2011, before a live online audience:
- Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/vances/learning2gether-to-achieve-the-aha-moment
- Abstract: This talk introduces Learning2Gether (http://learning2gether.pbworks.com) and explains how it came about, and how it draws on and expands its participants’ personal learning networks so that knowledge is transferred informally and peer to peer. A crucial aspect of the learning that takes place there is where teachers model to one another how to use Web 2.0 tools to leverage learning through networking, and to apply these to classroom and other professional development opportunities. This talk is couched it in the perspective of how teachers achieve the aha! Moment, where they ‘get’ how technology can become a critical enabler of what they ordinarily try to do pedagogically in their classrooms. In this presentation I will try to provoke an aha! moment by illustrating how a PLN works to enhance such learning by getting people from other virtual spaces to join us in real time, live and online.
The session was recorded in India; however whereas the live show was clearly audible, the recording mic had shorted so whereas there is video, there is no sound in the recording, which you can view here:
If you visit the WiZiQ recording you will find images of Vance gesticulating and you can read in the chat that there was indeed a sound problem. So we’ll reconstruct it aurally on June 26
- Eluminate https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2011-06-26.0631.M.7AE801FFB697DA460D4BF25AA8C21B.vcr&sid=75
- and the TinyURL is: http://tinyurl.com/2011jun26vance
- Vance’s GeekSpeek podcast link: http://vance_stevens.podomatic.com/entry/2011-06-27T09_05_50-07_00
- Direct link to mp3 recording: http://vance_stevens.podomatic.com/enclosure/2011-06-27T09_05_50-07_00.mp3
Meanwhile, this from
Dear Vance,Just took a look at your slides presentation. As always, inspiring!Thanks for keeping sharing with us and organizing the learning2gether space.