Sun Oct 19 1300 GMT David Winet demonstrates Popupchinese.com
Dave Winet, who coined the name “webheads” for a community of practice that has burgeoned since its inception as an EFI course (http://study.com) late last century, has offered to show us around http://popupchinese.com, and its “particularly intriguing method for language teaching” before going prime time at the CATESOL conference on Oct 23.
Where? In Google+ Hangout streamed live at http://webheadsinaction.org/live
Listen and watch it streamed live at any one of these places
- In the video embed above
- As the event transpires directly on YouTube: http://youtu.be/-Is_q0qALA8
- On the Google+ event page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cv6ofmjjicc83hrng6628rnj97k?cfem=1
- Watch and interact with us in text chat embedded at the live streamed here:
- Forums and listservs
- Google+ communities:
- Webheadsinaction, https://plus.google.com/communities/114550321376936920900
- Learning2gether, https://plus.google.com/communities/109504049211076695836
- EdTech Mojo, https://plus.google.com/communities/110130856353339654958
- MultiMOOC, https://plus.google.com/communities/104523567430842485789
- Intergrating CALL with Web 2.0 and Social Media, https://plus.google.com/communities/112312474779630822736
- Teachers for Interactive Language Learning (TILL) https://plus.google.com/communities/106289715383230353120
- Web 2.0 Teaching and Learning https://plus.google.com/communities/112197420264775820915
- Facebook Groups:
- Learning2gether, https://www.facebook.com/groups/learning2gether/
- TAEdTech, https://www.facebook.com/groups/TAEdTech/
- Multiliteracies, https://www.facebook.com/groups/evomlit/
- Webheads, https://www.facebook.com/groups/webheadsinaction/
- Learning with Computers, https://www.facebook.com/groups/6577061586/
Sat Oct 11 and Thu Oct 9 Vance Stevens plenary and live-streamed workshop on Hangout on Air from Ahmedabad, India
Find the archive of this event at its permanent location here
Learning2gether Sun Oct 12 1500 GMT with Jeff Magoto about ANVILL
Tue Oct 13 2300 GMT IATEFL YLT Webinar: Digital Storytelling – Storyboard That
IATEFL YLTSIG has rescheduled the class on ‘YLT Webinars: Digital Storytelling with Storyboard That’ to Oct_14 2014, 03:00 AM ((GMT+04:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat).
Click here to access the Class
Nellie Deutsch says in her invitation to “teachers from around the globe. Join IATEFL YLTSIG free bi-monthly webinars to receive reminders of the live online events and watch the recordings as many times as you wish. You’ll have an opportunity to learn by engaging with the presenters, the content material of the webinars, and with other educators from around the globe. Just click on the following link: http://www.wiziq.com/course/75751-webinars-for-iatefl-ylt-sig to join the webinar area”
Mon Oct 13 K-12 Online Conference pre-conference keynote goes online
The 2014 conference will run from Oct. 20-31. (Pre-conference keynote Oct. 13.) This is a FREE, online, asynchronous conference open to ANYONE organized by educators for educators around the world interested in integrating emerging technologies into classroom practice. A goal of the conferenceis to help educators make sense of and meet the needs of a continually changing learning landscape.
- K12 Online Conference
- K12 Online 2014 Call for Proposals
- Google+ Community page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/108380510569390447577
Presentation released Oct 13
Dr. Wesley Fryer, Igniting Innovation in Teaching and Learning, http://youtu.be/_q2dThmwg0s
Tue Oct 14 1200 GMT Jeff Lebow hosts ELT Live#6 – Lesson Planning and Preparation
Invited us to: ELT Live#6 – Lesson Planning and Preparation
1200UTC/9pm KST Global Times: http://bit.ly/ZcY4Ya
Connecting with the #KELTchat community (https://www.facebook.com/groups/KELTchat/ ) after a day-long slow burn twitter chat discussing how we get ready to do what we do.
Tune in live at http://eltlive.com/live
Recordings and Twitter chat
Thu Oct 16 2300 GMT Maria Colussa is organizing a Hangout for Connected Educators Month
This event has been picked up by Paper.li: http://paper.li/VanceS/1358485290?edition_id=53721bf0-55bb-11e4-9a03-0025907212f5
Sat Oct 18 1300 GMT IATEFL Web Conference Day 1: Hot Topics Across Borders in ELT
Register here: IATEFL
Saturday, 18 October 2014 at 14:00 BST – http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Hot+Topics+Across+Borders+in+ELT+day+1&iso=20141018T14&p1=136
IATEFL Events are free for all to attend (get a free ticket at the link above) but archives are of some accessible only to registered IATEFL members
The link for the Conference room is https://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/webcon2014
This Conference room has capacity for up to 500 participants, and we expect that will be sufficient. If we reach this maximum, you will not be able to get into the main conference room and will need to log into our Livestream channel to watch the presentation. The link for today’s Livestream channel ishttp://new.livestream.com/accounts/7463507/events/3495872
If we need to use Livestream tomorrow, Sunday, we will send out a new Liverstream link.
The conference program can be downloaded here:
Sat Oct 18 from 1500 GMT -Art Education and Digital Technologies: Virtual World Conference
Are you interested in art education and technology? This is the conference for you!
Join us in Second Life OR Google Hangout on Air. Participants can interact with presenters through Google accounts. The conference is free!
Find the presentation that interests you, turn on your computer or mobile device, sit back, relax, and join the very first virtual art education conference!
Date/ Time: October 18, 2014 (Saturday)/8:00 am PDT to 4:30 pm PDT (To convert the time: see http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)
Virtual Venue: Second Life http://goo.gl/vQzTud
Online Venue: Google Hangout on Air: http://goo.gl/MLqrEl
Physical Venue: UBC Lillooet Room at Irving K. Barber
Conference program: http://www.inaea.org/post/2014/10/06/Art-Education-and-Digital-Technologies-Virtual-World-Conference-Schedule.aspx
Conference fee: Free
Hosted by InAEA
Supported by AET
Sponsored by Wu Ya Hsien