Learning2gether Episode #374
On Sunday, Oct 29, at 1400 UTC, Learning2gether hosted the 1st live event in this year’s EVO2018 Moderator Training series. This is where the moderators whose proposals were accepted receive any help needed over 4 weeks time to bring them up to prime time readiness.
This first session was billed as:
Week 1 meet and greet EVO2018 Moderator Training, Oct-Nov 2017
The event was held in Bb Collaborate (BbC) and streamed on YouTube/live. In this way, anyone not able to enter BbC would be able to watch and listen to the stream, and interact with us in either the YouTube or Chatwing text chat spaces. The idea was to model for moderators one way they might conduct their own live sessions.
All moderators and participants in the EVO2018 moderator training sessions are welcome to join us in BbC, and anyone else interested was welcome to tune in to the stream and interact with us at http://chatwing.com/vancestev
Participants were instructed to come to Bb Collaborate directly or watch the stream on YouTube Live. For BbC, start here: http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/
Streamed video recording and mp3 from Bb Collaborate posted above
Here is the BbC / Elluminate recording
And the chat transcripts for participants in the stream on YouTube Live chat, in text chat from Bb Collaborate, and from Chatwing universal synchronous chat space
We tried to prepare in advance in case of participants encountering problems
- We set up a stream for anyone to watch and listen.
Find the LIVE stream here: https://www.youtube.com/user/vancestev/
- You can get help and interact with us during the session in text chat at
We might be able to troubleshoot for some of you and talk you in through communication in the stream and in the text chat.
Important, in preparation for this
Install the Blackboard Collaborate plugin and get connected
- Visit http://webheads.learningtimesevents.org/
- follow instructions at the TECH CHECK tab
- At the HOME tab log in and ENTER NOW
- Report to us if you are unable to connect. We can help.
You can leave messages here on any day, at any time: http://chatwing.com/vancestev
If you can’t open the collab file that should launch the program
- right click on the collab file
- select open with
- and try to open it with the Bb Collaborate exe file
On a PC, the Bb Collaborate exe LAUNCH file can usually be found down this path
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Programs\Blackboard\Blackboard Collaborate Launcher\
Where YourUserName is the user name you use to log on to your computer
Here are more instructions
First download and install the Blackboard Collaborate launcher as explained here:
- using Firefox
- Using Chrome
- using Safari on a Mac (careful – the downloader file is different for Macs)
- Here is a set of crowd-sourced tutorials if all else fails
Then, with the BbC launcher installed on your machine
- Visit http://webheads.learningtimesevents.org/ and follow instructions at the TECH CHECK tab
- You will see that BbC downloads a tiny meeting.collab file, in the same way it does every time you actually join a meeting
- Double click on this file to open the room, be patient and say OK to all the warnings it gives you – because it is OK 🙂
- You’ve done your tech check and all’s OK ?
- Then at the time of the meeting just put in your name and click “enter now”,
- once again open the (new each time) “meeting.collab” file to enter the room
It is also possible (and sometimes easier) to join the meeting from a mobile device – check out “using a mobile device” here
Chat with us in real time at http://chatwing.com/vancestev and we’ll try to help you
Sun Oct 22 LEARNING2GETHER with Hanaa Khamis – Voice Apps for Developing Speaking and Writing Activities
Visit Classroom 2.0 at: http://www.classroom20.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network